Rules and Regulations
VISIONS 2020 is the third curated exhibition of its kind organised through independent Guyanese photographers to exhibit works that showcase the unique and diverse people, landscapes and cultural references of Guyana while using the medium to address important social topics. Photographers are encouraged to submit up to 5 photographs that share a common theme or concept. Whether it is landscape, architecture, culture, nature, wildlife, street, or people, close attention and focus should be on composition and the story being told.
EligibilityEligible entrants are:
- Guyanese who are 18 years of age or older.
- Guyanese living in the diaspora and can prove Guyanese citizenship/heritage (proof may be in the form of birth certificates and parent's birth certificates.
- anyone living and/or working in Guyana with a valid Guyanese ID card.
- photographs submitted or exhibited in the Guyana Visual Arts Competition & Exhibition at any point in the history of the - exhibition.
- photographs submitted or exhibited in Capture Guyana 2014.
- photographs submitted or exhibited in any previous VISIONS exhibitions.
- All entries must be submitted no later than Friday, April 17 2020.
- Proof of age and citizenship must also be submitted; passport, birth certificate, or naturalisation documents.
- All entries must be accompanied by a portrait of the artist.
- The photographic prints chosen for the exhibition will be printed at a 2:3 aspect ratio. Photographs should be submitted at their highest quality with the ppi/dpi being at least 240.
- Photographs, forms, portrait and scan of ID must be submitted in digital form as either a JPEG or TIFF file labelled with the entrant’s name and the title of the image. (A title is not mandatory, but needs a unique identifier)
- eg “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_TITLE”
Copyright & Ownership
All copyright and ownership of any submitted intellectual property strictly remain with the author or artist. Digital photographs may be used by the organisers of VISIONS strictly for promotion of this exhibition or any future exhibition under the VISIONS name.
If you indicate you would like your photograph put on sale at the exhibition, you will be responsible for the transaction. If a buyer is interested, VISIONS will only facilitate and introduction. VISIONS will not facilitate any exchange of money, goods, or services.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the entry criteria for VISION Exhibition 2020, please contact:
- Michael C. Lam
+592 664 6453
- Karran Sahadeo
+1 (647) 781-9616
VISIONS Exhibition 2020 is currently scheduled for late May in Georgetown. While the COVID-19 situation in Guyana is not as intense as what can be seen in North America and Europe, there is a large possibility we will have to postpone the exhibition out of social responsibility. The silver lining is that since our submission process is completely digital, in such an event, we would be ready to continue the exhibition as soon as it is safe.